When you’d like to work as freelancer online, opening an account in PayPal might be your first step. PayPal is free and secure making it the leading tool for receiving payments from clients. This article will guide you on how you can open a PayPal account and how you can use your PayPal account to receive payments.
First step: Create or Use your Valid Email Address.
In opening a PayPal account, it is necessary to create or use your valid email address. Valid means that it is real, you are the one using it, and most especially you’re using your true identity in it. I know some of us are using dummy email address, please don’t use this in PayPal. You will find this tip necessary later on.
Second Step: Go to PayPal and Sign-up.
Now that you have your valid email address, you are now ready to create a PayPal account.
Tip: In creating an account, use password at least 8 characters long, combinations of letters and numbers, and it must not a word that can be found in a dictionary or from your name just to be secure since this is an account that involves money.
- Go to PayPal site: https://www.paypal.com/
- At the top of the page, click Sign Up.
- Select your country or region from the drop down list.
- Choose what type of account you would like to open. You can have Premier if you belong to individuals who buy and sell online or Business for merchants who use a company or group name, but for now you can select Personal first. You can upgrade it later if you’d like to.
- Now that you have selected a Personal account, you will be filling up couple of fields in the Personal Information form. Make sure that all the information you’ll provide is true and correct to avoid conflicts later. If you don’t have a credit card yet, you can uncheck Link my credit card so I can start shopping right away (recommended), and leave it blank.
- If you’re confidently sure that you have provided true and correct information in the form, you can now click Agree and Create Account.
- Confirm your account by logging in to your valid email address and clicking the link from the email sent to you by PayPal.
- Congratulations! You are now a PayPal account holder.
Now that you already have an account in PayPal, how you can use it?
You can use your PayPal account through your valid email address that you used to sign up in PayPal. In short, your PayPal email address is now your PayPal account. If you will be asked by someone, maybe your client, what’s your PayPal account so that he/she can send you money, you can give him/her your PayPal email address, that’s your PayPal account. Great, isn’t it?
From this moment on, you can now start working online and receiving money using your PayPal account. In my next post, I’ll be featuring the steps on how you can withdraw your earning from your PayPal account. Please stay tune!