If you’re fond of downloading movies over the internet using torrent, then this is for you. Sometimes, some uploaders don’t include subtitles for the movie they have uploaded. And sometimes, we need to have subtitles for a particular movie in order for us to understand some languages we are not familiar with. The best way to solve this is to download subtitles.
There are two common types of subtitles, .SRT file and .SUB file. I’m frequently using .SRT file compared to .SUB file because I found .SRT file better.
In this tutorial, I will be teaching you where and how you can download subtitles for your movies for free. I will be sharing you some techniques that I have used for quite some time now. So, let’s get started.
There is only one site that I’ve been using in downloading subtitles, and it’s Subscene.com! I like Subscene.com because it’s very user-friendly and very safe to use. The subtitles are organized very well and it’s continually updated.
Note: We will assume that you have downloaded a movie having no subtitles. Let’s assume that this movie is entitled the famous movie Red Dawn, and the folder that contains this movie having a name of Red.Dawn.2012.DVDRip.XviD-SPARKS since you had downloaded this movie using torrent.
- Visit Subscene.com
- In the search bar, type the title of the movie. In this case, we will type Red Dawn.
- A new page will be loaded, and it will show a list of movies that are related to the search.
- In this case, we will click Red Dawn (2012) since we are looking for the Red Dawn movie of 2012.
- Now, you will be leading to a new page full of list of Red Dawn subtitles in different languages and of different uploaders.
- Search for your preferred language, and just focus there. In this case, I will be focusing on the English subtitles only.
- Now find in the list the subtitle that matches the name of the folder of the movie. In our case, we will find Red.Dawn.2012.DVDRip.XviD-SPARKS.
Note: If you cannot find one, then try to find its format. In this case DVDRip. It is also possible to find more than one, just select randomly.
- If you found one, click the link and you will be proceeding to the download page. Click the download button. In this case, we will click the Download English Subtitle and save the downloaded file.
- Once done downloading, extract the file using any file archiver. In this tutorial, we will extract it using WinRAR. Right-click the file and click Extract Here.
- Copy the extracted file to the folder where the movie is located. In this case, we will copy it to the folder named Red.Dawn.2012.DVDRip.XviD-SPARKS.
Note: Notice that the extracted file was a .SRT file.
- Finally, rename the .SRT file into a name similar to the movie, so that when you play the movie in a player, (e.g VLC Media Player) that player will automatically read the subtitle.