The custom skin of VLC Media Player is certainly way much better, more professional, clean, and very futuristic. The black and grey combination makes it very pleasing in the eye making VLC player the most wanted video player for most of us. Moreover, for me, it is the only player that supports most of all video formats. A tip from me, if you can’t play some video files using other player, try VLC and you will not regret.
Did you see the difference? I prefer to use the customized one than the native look. Now, if you want to use the custom skin look version of VLC make sure to download the latest version of the player. You can download the latest version of VLC Media Player here.
IntelligentYOU: It is better to download the latest version of any applications to fix bugs and errors, and to apply some patches.
- Open VLC media player. You can open it by going to the Start menu. Type vlc and press Enter.
- You will now see the native look of the player. Click Tools and select Preferences.
- Now, in the Interface Settings, select Use custom skin and click the Save button to save your preferences.
- As you’ve notice, no changes were made. Just simply close VLC media player and open it again to apply the changes.
- Well done! Congrats yourself.
I know a lot of you out there knew this already, but for reference purposes I would like to share this thing. The player that I used from that image is VLC Media player with an Alienware Skin. For me to do that I downloaded first the Alienware skin from VLC SKIN LIBRARY—you can find lots of skins here. Then I placed the downloaded skin to C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\skins. I then open VLC Media player and went to Interface > Select Skin > ALienware Darkstar. This will apply the Alienware skin for your VLC. Cool, isn’t?
If you can’t figure out how to apply skin, please watch this short video that I made.