As we all know, Windows 7 Starter has no Personalization Panel. And because of this, it is very hard to customize a laptop running this OS, even changing the desktop background. Now, I would like to share a simple knowledge to everybody who’s using Windows 7 Starter. And, hell yeah! You can add Personalization Panel to customize your laptop computer running Windows 7 Starter.
- Download Personalization Panel for Windows 7 Starter here. You can find the download link on that page at the bottom of the article.
- The downloaded file should be a .ZIP file. You can extract it using WinRAR. If you don’t know about WinRAR yet, please check out my tutorial here.
- To extract the file, place it inside a folder and right-click it. Select Extract Here, and it should extract the file named Personalization Panel-2.5.
- Right-click Personalization Panel-2.5, and press Open.
- The setup wizard will appear, just press Next button to continue setup.
- The next page should appear just like this. Just select the Regular Setup and press Next button.
- The next page will allow you to choose where to install the program, just leave as it is and press the Next button.
- Now, choose the components. For me, I just leave the default values. Press Install button to continue the installation.
- Just wait for it to finish the installation.
- Yehey! We’re done! We can now customize our Windows 7 Starter.
To check whether the installation is a success, go to the desktop and right-click anywhere. You should be able to see the Personalize panel at the bottom of the menus just like this.
Let’s check it if it really works.
- This is the look of my desktop and I would like to add a desktop background.
- I’ll just right-click anywhere in the desktop and click Personalize.
- After that, we will be able to see the Appearance and Personalization. At the bottom, let’s click Desktop Background.
- A small dialog box will appear and I’ll just click the browse button.
- An Open dialog box will appear, and all I have to do is just to select wallpaper, and I’ll press Open.
- The selected wallpaper will appear in the box for a preview. Just press Ok button and we’re done.