It is a best practice to create a System Restore Point first before installing any programs to our computer especially if we are not sure with the software we are installing. According to Wikipedia, System Restore is actually the rolling back of system files, registry keys, and installed programs to a previous state in the event of system malfunction.
System Restore Point will be able to fix future problems that might occur after installation of incompatible and untrusted programs. This is just a preventive measure to ensure the protection of our computer. Now, how to create a System Restore Point? It is very simple, just follow these steps.
- Click Start Menu and right-click Computer > Properties
- Find System Protection in the upper-left corner of the screen and click it.
- Then, a dialog box will appear. It should be like this. At the bottom, find the Create button to create a restore point.
- A small dialog box will appear. Just type the description about the program so that you can easily remember and identify the restore point. After that, click the Create button.
- A small dialog box will appear again, and this time we will wait for it to finish creating the restore point.
- If successfully created, a pop-up box will appear notifying that we just created a system restore point. Just press Close and we’re okay.
From there, we are pretty confident that we are safe to install any programs to our computer. If something bad happen in the future, we can roll back or restore back our system using the restore point that we have created. Next time, I will be teaching you how to restore our system using the System Restore Point. So, stay tuned.